Find an Agent
Make a Payment
Personal Lines - Standard Lines of Business

Personal Lines - Specialty Products

Commercial Lines - Standard Lines of Business

Commercial Lines - Specialty Products

Umbrella Liability Policies

Recycle or Destroy?
May 26, 2017

Top Tips to a Safe Memorial Day Weekend
May 22, 2017

Spring Clean Up....
April 17, 2017

April 7, 2017

Poisoning Prevention
January 31, 2017

6905 Route 227
P.O. Box 550
Trumansburg, New York 14886

607.387.9314 (fax)
find us on facebook
Keep Bites at Bay...
August 15, 2017

There are several ways to prevent your dog from biting:    

  • Keep your dog away from people and circumstances that stress or frighten him; keep him in a separate room or fenced yard if the situation calls for it.
  • If your dog is possessive/aggressive around food, feed her away from other pets and people.
  • Don't send mixed messages. Some people want aggressive guard dogs at home, but if you teach your dog that all outsiders are potential threats, don't be surprised when he bites someone-even someone totally harmless.
  • Break your dog of a biting habits. Even a dog that likes to bite "playfully" can be misconstrued as vicious by the recipient of a harmless nip, so it's smart to stop all kinds of biting.
  • Give dogs plenty of love and positive reinforcement when they engage in gentle behaviors that you like.

Categories: Liability, Safety,
Do College Students Need Renters Insurance?
July 31, 2017

Students who live on campus typically don't have to worry about renters insurance:  A student who lives in on-campus housing is covered under his or her parent’s renters or homeowners insurance.  Their parents' homeowner's policy should cover the loss or damage of most items.  College students renting an off-campus apartment, condo, or house should have their own renter’s insurance policy. They aren’t eligible to get coverage from mom and dad’s renters or homeowners policy.

Check with your Independent Agent to find out exactly whether your student can be covered and at what cost.  Make sure the personal property limit on your homeowner’s policy is adequate. You might need additional coverage to insure expensive items like jewelry, musical instruments, or certain sports equipment.

Categories: Products,
Home Maintenance Tips for Spring
June 12, 2017

Good Maintenance practices help protect the value of your home. Spring and summer are an ideal time to assess damage from the winter and make necessary repairs to prepare for months ahead.

  • Inspect roof for damage (cracking or leaking)
  • Clean gutters and downspouts.
  • Monitor basement humidity.  Use a dehumidifier to maintain a safe, relative humidity.
  • Open valves to outside hose connections.
  • Clean/replace air filters every 2 months.
  • Vacuum clothes dryer lint from duct.
  • Position BBQ 3 feet away from home or other structures.
  • Use surge protectors for valuable electronics to protect them from summer lightning storms.

View our Mechanical Breakdown Coverage to give you further protection in your home.

HomeAbout Finger Lakes Fire & CasualtyProductsPaymentsAgentsContact Us
©copyright 2016 Finger Lakes Fire & Casualty all rights reserved