Personal Lines - Standard Lines of Business
Personal Lines - Specialty Products
Commercial Lines - Standard Lines of Business
Commercial Lines - Specialty Products
Umbrella Liability Policies
November 10, 2016
November 7, 2016
Prevent Halloween Accidents With These Tips:
October 12, 2016
4 Easy Identity Protection Tips
September 12, 2016
Business Insurance Covers Your Risks
August 9, 2016
FINGER LAKES FIRE & CASUALTY
6905 Route 227
P.O. Box 550
Trumansburg, New York 14886
find us on facebook
Smoke Alarm Placement
December 5, 2016
The National Fire Protection Association recommends homes should have smoke alarms installed inside every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
You can help protect your family in a home fire with smoke alarms. Install smoke alarms on each level of your house (including the basement), outside each sleeping area, and inside each bedroom. Test each smoke alarm every month to make sure it is working correctly by pushing the test button with your finger. Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
Categories: Fire Prevention, Property Maintenance, Safety,
The 12 Days of Christmas Safety!
November 29, 2016
Ahhh Christmas, it's just around the corner and many are scrambling to get everything done. Here's a few safety tips for your holiday season.
Categories: Fire Prevention, Home Tips, Safety,
Black Friday Shopping Tips...
November 21, 2016
During Black Friday, consumers will be hitting stores and online retailers to get a head start on buying gifts. Shoppers are naturally on the hunt for deals. However, it's also a great time for scammers and cybercriminals.
Here are five tips to protect your card and prevent fraud this Black Friday:
1. Avoid Deals Too Good to Be True Although you may be shopping for deals, there are some discounts or promotions that might be a scam in disguise. If you get an email from an unknown sender advertising cheap or free electronics, travel tickets or other merchandise, be on the lookout for signs of a scam. Schemers may ask you for your personal information or credit card details to get the deal, but avoid clicking on any links that request this information.
2. Use a Credit Card Instead of Debit While you could choose cash to avoid having your information processed at POS systems, your next best bet is a credit card. Credit card companies often will not hold you liable for fraudulent purchases. In the event someone does get a hold of a card without permission, consumers are also liable for less money with a credit card than a debit card.
3. Block Your PIN from View Whether you're checking out at a store or withdrawing cash from an ATM, be sure to cover your PIN from view. This is to prevent people from looking over your shoulder or using a hidden camera to record your PIN.
4. Use Only Secured Sites Black Friday and its online equivalent Cyber Monday means more shoppers making purchases on the Internet. When shopping, only visit secured sites and look for the little icon of a padlock next to the webpage's URL to indicate that the site is safe to use.
5. Monitor Your Credit Card and Bank Statements Cybercriminals might take advantage of the fact that you may be too busy with shopping and visiting family this Black Friday to actively monitor your financial accounts. While you may be occupied, continue to look at your statements for any suspicious activity.
Finger Lakes offers enhancement endorsements to provide you with the best coverage for ID Theft. For only $25 you can get Identity Fraud coverage added to your policy. Reach out to one of our Independent Agents for more information.
Let's Not Forget About Thanksgiving Season. Spend the time between now and Thanksgiving focused on gratitude for all we’ve been given. Our national day of gratitude should be more than just a kickoff to Black Friday Shopping.
Categories: Enhanced Coverages, ID Theft, Scams,